Easy to Follow Food Safety & Food Shopping Guidelines
Click on these links for some simple, common sense guidelines on preparing and storing food, as well as tips for shopping safely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
There’s no place like (a SAFE) HomeIs your apartment “baby/toddler-proof?” The Tom Sargent Safety Center website offers a wonderful selection of safety checklists in English and Spanish. Click on the website address below to download safety checklists for your home. www.ohsu.edu/xd/health/services/doernbecher/patients-families/safety-center/about/brochures-fliers.cfm
You can also purchase childproofing materials and safety equipment at the Safety Center, which is located in the Doernbecher Children's Hospital Lobby, 700 SW Campus Drive Portland, Oregon 97239. Phone: 503-418-5666.
When Opening Windows – Stop and Lock at 4 inches
Window falls are predictable, therefore preventable. Click on the web link http://www.stopat4.com/ for information on what families can do to prevent child window falls, where families can find information on what kind of window stop, lock, or guard is needed for their particular windows, and where educators can learn about the issue and disseminate this injury prevention message. We need your help to reduce the risk of injury to children – please learn about window falls and take action!
Reduce Fires on Your Property!
For Owners, Managers, & Maintenance Staff: There are many things managers and property owners can do to mitigate and reduce the severity of fires on their property. Identifying access issues, building deficiencies, and unsafe tenant behavior can mean the difference between life and death when fire breaks out. Use the TVF & R Self-Inspection Checklist and Tenant Space Checklist to help make your complex safer!
Landscaping without toxins
Playgrounds and gardens are very important to the residents of a multifamily housing community. Disengaging from landscaping practices that dump pesticides into the soil protects children, adults, and other living creatures that inhabit green spaces. Interested in a more organic, healthy landscape? Click on the link below for some excellent resource information! http://www.beyondpesticides.org/programs/lawns-and-landscapes/overview
Mediation Services for Tenant Disputes
Mediation can stop disagreements before they escalate into full-blown fights between tenants and tenants or tenants and management. Here is a list of mediation service providers in Oregon.
Portland Metro Area
- Beaverton Dispute Resolution Center 503-526-2523
- East Metro Mediation 503-618-3247
- Resolutions Northwest 503-595-4890
- Clackamas Co. Dispute Resolution Center 503-655-8850
- Neighbor to Neighbor 503-585-0651
- Linn-Benton Mediation Services – Marion Co. Main Office 541-928-5323
- Linn-Benton Mediation Services – L/B Co. Office 541-223-4189
- Community Mediation Services, Polk Co. 503-623-3111
- Community Mediation Services, Lane Co. 541-344-5366
- Resolve Center 541-770-2468
- Common Ground Mediation Center - Coos County/North Bend 541-751-9666
- Common Ground Mediation Center - Douglas Co./Roseburg 541-530-2578
- Community Solutions of Central Oregon 541-383-0187
- Eastern Oregon Mediation Center 541-786-0270
The Oregon Coast
- Conflict Solutions, Tillamook Co. 503-842-1812
- Lincoln Community Dispute Resolution 541-574-9846
- Six Rivers Mediation Services 888-628-4101